Sunday, February 12, 2006

Gimme my mail, James!

I am working on a project for which we needed a mail server of some sort. We had some pretty peculiar demands for the mail server and by looking at various servers, we decided to go with James. James is a mail and news server from Apache. I had to change ONE internal bit of James to make it accepts mails (as for local server) for all sub domains of a single top-level domain, so we could add multiple sub domains WITHOUT changing the config.xml file and restarting the server. The rest was simply a matter of creating a few Matchers and some Mailets... Great.. I really enjoyed working with James - its easy and logically as you would except and seems to be performant, as I can easily handle more mails than I expect will go thru the system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home